Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Updates, random music stuff, etc.

John here. It's definitely been a while but I'm finally back on!  Everything has been going well, and my interest in music is increasing far beyond what I have expected.  After listening to Metallica's first album (Kill em all) I've had the desire to now pick up electric guitar in addition to the bass, tuba, and trombone.  I then realized how many other songs I loved the guitar in.  The precise solos of "Kick the Chair" by Megadeth, the smooth and classic but still metal riffs of Iron Maiden, and the amazing musicality of Dream Theater, especially "A Change of Seasons."  It's amazing some of the talent you find in metal music as well as some of the people.  Most people think of Metal music as satanic, evil, and violent.  I'm Mormon. I'm not satanic, evil, or violent but I do listen to metal music.  It's true that a lot of metal bands are evil, but that's not what I listen to.  People are very ignorant.  I enjoy some songs by Megadeth for example.  Some would think that Megadeth is an evil band, but they haven't done their homework.  If they had, they would know that both Frontman Dave Mustaine and Bassist David Ellefson are Lutheran.  They have families, and they stand by their beliefs.  Ultimately, metal has its fair share of people that aren't too great, but at the same time, has some incredible people and personalities. Ellefson and Mustaine are just one example of this, and I always love discovering people's stories.  

No comments: