Sunday, June 30, 2013

John's top 10

Alright here are my top 10 favorite songs from the month of June (not really in any order)

10: Metallica- The Four Horsemen- a nice heavy song with awesome dual guitars and solos

9: Iron Maiden- Fear of the Dark- a classic metal tune with VERY catchy riffs and solos

8: Symphony X- Domination- a very heavy song with lots of awesome stuff going on! It blows my mind that Michael Romeo (guitarist) can do that all by himself!

7: Megadeth- Symphony of Destruction- A simple but awesome main riff!

6: Iron Maiden- The Wicker Man- not too heavy but nonetheless another classic and awesome one by Maiden!

5: Metallica- Creeping Death- awesome riffs and solos and awesome the way that they made a bible story into a metal masterpiece (Moses and the Israelites)

4: Megadeth- Hangar 18- one of their most loved songs.  I love it for the precise guitar riffs and solos often found in Megadeth songs.

3: Tool- Lateralus- starts off calm and builds up to an awesome main riff!  Then has 7 more minutes of pure greatness!

2: Metallica- One- a classic metal ballad by Metallica that I never bothered to listen to very much until this month.  My favorite part is pretty much when the singing stops and the heavy kicks in. Great song.

1: Dragonforce- Through the Fire and the Flames- to start off, I appreciate this song much more than the average person who only knows of this song from Guitar Hero.  I also appreciate it much more than I used to!  I decided to bring it back this month and I never loved the super fast instrumentation as much as I do now.  I am definitely gonna check out more of their stuff.

No comments: