Sunday, June 30, 2013

Youth Conference 2013

Well this past week was youth conference on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. It was my favorite youth conference so far, because we had the perfect balance of relaxation and activities. We saw the Manti Pageant and beforehand had their hosted dinner consisting of barbecued turkey and mashed potatoes. We played a lot of games, and slept a lot (four hours for John and I.) We went on a trail run the next day for 8 miles up to the summit of the Manti M mountain. We were going for 3 miles up and 3 miles back, which would've taken a little under 2 hours. Instead we decided to summit and reach about 4.1 miles down and back, which took just shy of 3 hours. This is the sorest I can remember ever being, because of the killer uphills rather than the distance. I now hold the trails and mountains in higher respect, I would be kicking myself if I didn't go, even though it was very tough. I was dehydrated after, so I drank plenty of water and got feeling better by the time we went swimming and a local pool in Manti. I loved this year's trip and hope next year's raises the bar!

No comments: