Sunday, October 6, 2013

Cross Country 2013: Cedar City Inviational

This weekend I had the privilege to go down to Cedar City with my cross country team for a race. Even though it was fairly short, it was packed with activities that I enjoyed. We took a scenic route on the way up, which included a stop at the highest village in the USA, called Brian Head. We also took a stop at Cedar Breaks. After that, we had a long lunch and headed to the race. It was a really windy day, and the wind chill brought the weather to freezing temperatures, so you can imagine how cold we all felt with the skimpy shorts and uniforms on. I ran my race, and got a 19:25 5k, which is roughly 3 miles depending on the course. After that, we got to our hotel and watched the BYU vs. Utah State game while eating our dinner. BYU played a great game and won 31-14. We went to bed shortly after that, and I slept too well. I woke up at about 7:15, and we were leaving at 8. I had to throw everything together and go down to get breakfast. Once we got on the road, it was a smooth trip back because we only stopped once. I'm really looking forward to the California trip coming up in December!


 
Here are just 2 pictures, so you can look on my Google+ for more.

No comments: